Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Nappy Pot



Pat Kennedy of "Mirkwood Forest” pottery is my most favourite bonsai pot maker in Australia. He inspired me to start making bonsai pots and shared many of his techniques with me. I just wish I could meet with him more often. I once asked him about the surface texture on one of his pots and he told me that he uses a disposable baby nappy. The nappy I needed came along with my one-year-old niece last year. After that, I couldn't come up with any more excuses for not trying to make a similar pot. Images above show my first attempt at the ‘nappy pot’. By the way, ‘nappy pot' is exactly how Pat called it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These kind of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thanks for sharing. http://awriter.org/essay-writing-services/

Kigawa said...

Большое спасибо Богдан!

Rasťo Moravčík said...

Nice texture on that pot!
Greetings

Fashion said...

What a good blog you have here. Keep Your Work Up....

Anonymous said...

Can you give more info on how to make a Nappy Pot?

Just reading your adventures makes me feel peaceful and I love bonsai.