Saturday, December 27, 2014

Shanghai Confucius Temple



One of my recent posts talked about a teapot collection at the Shanghai Confucius Temple, but I haven’t said anything about the temple itself. I really liked its atmosphere of scholarship and art. I liked its beautiful traditional architecture, the garden, the second hand book market, the library, the lecture hall, the teapot collection and the scholar rock collection. Images below show some of its charming views.

Its indoors are very interesting too (see images below).

The garden has a few well-tended feature trees (see images below).

The temple garden and buildings were also decorated with many viewing stones or Chinese scholar rocks. Images below show some that caught my eye.

To see the post about the teapot collection at this temple visit http://lomov.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/teapots-at-shanghai-confucian-temple.html

No comments: