Saturday, June 30, 2012

Latest wood-fired bonsai pots

Finally, I made some bonsai pots this year. It is only a handful, but they are all wood-fired. It was a very “dark” firing in a sense that there was very little oxygen in the kiln and all pots came out darker than usual, but I am not complaining. The results are shown below.

Image above: stoneware, wood-fired, naturally formed ash, round, 13 × 10.5 cm. As shown on the photos this pot has three fronts. It’s my favorite from this kiln load.

Images above show the pots which have been sold. Image on the left: stoneware, wood-fired, rutile glaze, round, 14.5 × 9 cm. It’s my second favorite. Top right image: stoneware, wood-fired, blue stoneware glaze, round, 18 × 5.5 cm. Bottom right image: stoneware, wood-fired, white stoneware glaze, round, 19.5 × 3.5 cm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hі! I sіmplу wish tο givе уou а big thumbs up foг the
excеllеnt infoгmatiоn you haνe got here оn this pоst.
I wіll be rеturning to your ѕite foг mогe soon.


Also visit my wеb blog - gardening